Monday 3 October 2022

ATP Tennis Podcast: Felix Discusses Turin Hopes

This week on the ATP Tennis Podcast...

FELIX AUGER-ALIASSIME ON HIS HOPES OF QUALIFYING FOR TURIN – “For the past two years it’s been a clear goal that I want to be in Turin. Last year I was close and this year I have real chances, I’m in the race right now but a lot of things can happen. I don’t think about it day-to-day, but once we get to the last tournaments of the year, it’s always the talk of the week as the last players are pushing to squeeze in their ticket to Turin.”

HOLGER RUNE ON A POTENTIAL RIVALRY WITH CARLOS ALCARAZ – “I’m excited, hopefully it’s going to be like Roger and Rafa, it could be great, that’s what we’re seeking for to be the greatest players of all time and to be the greatest players we can be and for my side, I’m just trying to fulfil my potential and be as great as I can be everyday and be one percent better every time I step on the practice court.”

DENIS SHAPOVALOV ON THE NEED TO HANDLE BIG MOMENTS WITH EXCITEMENT, RATHER THAN FEAR – “I think it comes with experience. When you’re coming up there’s more things to fear like you don’t belong or feel like you won’t make it, but obviously I feel like I’ve got a great level with my game and that any moment I can pick it up and play some great tennis.”

[ATP APP]

COACH JOSEPH GILBERT ON JENSON BROOKSBY’S DESIRE TO REACH THE TOP – “It was not about building a weapon, it was more about not having weaknesses. We couldn’t build him as a typical American player and I think a lot of people have seen that, he wasn’t the biggest, fastest, strongest growing up and throughout his career people have not believed he can go to the next level, which I think has only fuelled his competitiveness.”

ALEXANDER BUBLIK ON PLAYING AT HOME IN KAZAKHSTAN – “Every time being here it’s a great adventure, great city which has been my home for the past seven years and this is big for me, seeing all these kids and seeing my picture all over the town and you know, spending so much time doing autographs, spending three hours a day signing things on the streets and I’m really enjoying that I have a certain impact on the country.”

PLUS MARIN CILIC TAKES QUIZ QUESTIONS ON HIS OWN CAREER AND DIEGO SCHWARTZMAN TALKS US THROUGH THE ITEMS HE TRAVELS WITH

- Programme presented by Seb Lauzier
- Interviews by Mike Cation, Seb Lauzier, Jill Craybas and Ursin Caderas
- Jenson Brooksby, Marin Cilic and Diego Schwartzman features by ATP Uncovered



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/qGZ460r

No comments:

Post a Comment