Sunday 5 June 2022

ATP Tennis Podcast: On The Nadal Record That 'Won’t Be Touched In Our Lifetime'

This week on the ATP Tennis Podcast...

MARK WOODFORDE ON RAFAEL NADAL’S 14TH ROLAND GARROS TITLE - "If I had been in his shoes and I thought this last year, what a way to go out on thirteen titles, that’s enough for me. It’s a record that won’t be touched in our lifetime. I’d rather him go out on a winning note, then have to see him return to Roland Garros and suffer a loss." 

MARK WOODFORDE ON WHETHER CASPER RUUD WILL WIN A GRAND SLAM - "It’s a step up isn’t it because the eight tournament victories he’s enjoyed have been at the 250 level, and they are very different from the 1000 series matches where everyone is playing, so he has to gradually make the step up and I do believe on clay he possesses the necessary features to go far."

ÀLEX CORRETJA ON CARLOS ALCARAZ - "I’m sure he will learn a lot, mainly that this is a tournament where you don’t need to go one hundred per cent every single point until the end because sometimes you need to measure your power as well. He will learn that best of five is a different story because you need to be very patient as well and that sometimes you will play not your best, but end up winning anyway."

CARLOS ALCARAZ ON DESIRE TO BECOME WORLD NO. 1 - "I want to be No. 1. You have think about tennis 24 hours a day, so I changed my life let’s say, to become a professional tennis player."

MARCELO ARÉVALO ON BECOMING A ROLAND GARROS DOUBLES CHAMPION - "Well it was an amazing feeling, I don’t think words can describe [it]. This is a dream come true and this is why we worked so many years since I was a little kid, since I grabbed my first racquet when I was six, since my dad was taking me to the Miami Open and that was my first tournament as a fan. I think I was 10, and It seems too much, too big and I never thought I would be able to compete at that level when I was a spectator. It’s amazing I went so far and now I can say I’m a Grand Slam champion."



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/t4Q1GhX

No comments:

Post a Comment