Thursday 25 November 2021

Sweden Moves Ahead Against Canada

Elias Ymer got Sweden off to a winning start Thursday at the Davis Cup Finals, overcoming Canadian Steven Diez 6-4, 6-2 in Group B in Madrid.

The 25-year-old was dominant throughout, winning 82 per cent (23/28) of his first-serve points and breaking five times to secure victory after 88 minutes. The World No. 171’s brother, Mikael Ymer, will take on Vasek Pospisil in the second match of the tie.

“I felt I played well,” Ymer said. “I really like Madrid. The court and the city are amazing. I am really happy I gave Sweden a good start and now I can support my brother next. You don’t see this often, two brothers playing No. 1 and No. 2 for their country. It is a very special occasion.”

See all Davis Cup results



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/3FMxWZd

No comments:

Post a Comment