Friday 26 November 2021

Lopez Gives Spain Early Advantage

A fired up Feliciano Lopez recorded his seventh singles win for Spain Friday at the Davis Cup Finals, overcoming Roberto Quiroz 6-3, 6-3 to give them a 1-0 lead against Ecuador in Group A in Madrid.

The 40-year-old hit 13 aces and saved all five break points he faced to earn victory after 82 minutes in front of a lively home crowd at the Madrid Arena.

“I still have the passion for the game,” Lopez said. “Without that passion I wouldn’t be here. I am 40 years old and have been playing on the Tour for such a long time and it is true without this passion it would not be possible to keep training each day. I have been waiting for moments like this, giving the first point to my country.”

Pablo Carreno Busta will play Emilio Gomez in the second rubber of the tie on Friday.

See all Davis Cup results



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/3DXhLI6

No comments:

Post a Comment