Tuesday 16 June 2020

Why Helping Kids Is A Priority For Felix

Felix Auger-Aliassime is the youngest player in the Top 50 of the FedEx ATP Rankings. Although the #NextGenATP star is only 19, he is already serving as a role model for future generations.

The teen announced in February that he would donate $5 for every point he wins this season to EduChange, partnering with CARE to support the protection and education of children in Togo, from where his father hails. Auger-Aliassime revealed Tuesday in a video supporting International Day of the African Child that he is also counting the points he earned in 2019 towards the initiative.

[COACHES]

“The points from last year are counting for this year’s support. I’m just above 3,000 points today,” Auger-Aliassime said. “I can’t wait for tournaments to resume in order to increase the total points so that my family and I can support the project even more.”

The World No. 20 believes that doing his part to support children today can make a massive difference in the future.

“Sport and school help to create values, help in education and contributes to create tomorrow’s leaders,” Auger-Aliassime said. “These are examples for future generations. I think that [when] you see people around you go to school [and] play sports, it’s a real motivation. It’s positive. “

Auger-Aliassime knew growing up that if he put himself in a position to give back, he would not hesitate.

“I would like to give this opportunity to as many kids as I can so that they have a chance to go to school, to play sports,” Auger-Aliassime said. “It’s the basics for me, and I would like for this to be global. I wanted Togo to be the first place where I can inject support and energy.”



from Tennis - ATP World Tour https://ift.tt/2YEz7WR

No comments:

Post a Comment